Galway has a lot to offer. Busy bars, delicious eateries, fun activities. This valentine’s day, couples can enjoy many of the sights and delights that were not possible in recent years.
Whether you are enjoying a first date or fiftieth it is always a special day to celebrate with your partner. Some may even choose to mark the occasion with a proposal! However you choose to spend it, there are no shortage of options to make the day more memorable. We have rounded up some of the best activities to do and see in and around the city.
- A romantic walk through Salthill Promenade and enjoy the sea breeze and scenic views. You can also challenge each other to an ice cream eating contest at the creamery ice cream parlour across the road or head in to the famous Murphy’s homemade ice cream.
- Visit the Claddagh Ring Museum, where you can learn all about the history of the famous Claddagh ring, a symbol of love and friendship, and even purchase your very own ring as a special memento.
- Have a picnic in Eyre Square and enjoy a relaxing afternoon in the sun. Don’t forget to bring a frisbee or a kite for some extra fun.
- Take a ghost tour of the city and learn about its dark and spooky history. Just hold tight to your significant other’s hand, in case you encounter any spirits!
- Visit the Galway Arts Centre and enjoy a performance or exhibition of local artists. Then, go to a nearby pub and enjoy some traditional Irish music and dance together.
- Immerse yourself in the hustle and bustle of Galway’s Latin Quarter. Lively bars and restaurants, traditional Irish music and colourful characters aplenty! In close proximity is the Druid Theatre for couples who want to enjoy a show.
The fun and festivities are not only to be found in the city centre. For couples seeking a different change of pace (and scenery), there are plenty of options, only a short hop, skip and a jump from Galway. Beat the valentine’s crowds and see what the West of Ireland has to offer.
- Take a scenic drive along the Wild Atlantic Way, stopping at some of the most romantic and breathtaking locations along the way, like the Cliffs of Moher.
- Explore the beautiful Connemara National Park and take in the stunning natural scenery. You can even go on a horseback ride or a hike together.
Galway is unique. For such a small city, it punches above its weight and there is something for every couple. Whether you prefer to people-watch, dine in (or out), participate in more active and adventurous pursuits, or simply want to sit back and relax, you can do it all this February 14th.
Our full and half day daily tours are an inexpensive way to see more of Ireland, especially for those visiting Galway for the first time. Whether you live here, are passing through or simply want to explore the wonders of the west, our tours are the perfect way to spend more time with your loved one this valentine’s day.
Check out our options and book your experience today to avoid disappointment!